Friday, April 25, 2008

My little...big boy!

It was so cute...
Last night Matt called on his way home and said that he was getting home a little earlier than he had thought and wanted to take me on a date. Even though dinner was already in the oven I didn't turn him down. I explained to Gabe that Daddy was going to take me on a date and that he could eat dinner with his Aunt Wittney. At first he protested and then decided it would be okay. And then this morning I was walking down stairs and Gabe stopped me and asked if I was going on a date. I told him no that was last night and I already went on a date with Daddy. I then asked him if he wanted to go on a date with me tonight. He was really excited and we decided that we would go out for Ice cream. I then asked if he was going to pay? I explained that on dates the guy should pay. With those big hazel eyes he looks at me with a big grin on his face and says:
"I'm not a guy, I'm a little boy."
I just had to laugh!

4 comments:

Kindall Klan said...

you can just see the wheels turning in his head! He's quick! What a cutie :)

heatherann said...

What a cutie! I love it when they think of things like that. They truly are the best!

Heather

Davis Family said...

What an adorable story. I'm glad you recorded it so that you will always remember!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Little boys say the cutest things. Last weekend I was in Boise helping my Mom babysit my sister's kids while she and her husband had a weekend getaway to Seattle. Her three year old little boy and I were playing Nintendo and I told him I had to change the way I was sitting because my belly was uncomfortable. He took a long look at my belly and said, "Oh, just look at your beautiful belly!" It was SO cute!