Friday, October 12, 2007

Stuck in my thoughts!

Wow... Well I have had some real deep thoughts lately. I feel so very blessed to be married to such an amazing man! Matt has taught me so much these last 4 years about love, compassion, and charity. We have had many opportunities to lend a hand to others and have had many people live with us. And unfortunately I always tend to get irritated and, well lets just say "not Christ-like" But I have such a wonderful husband who carries such an eternal perspective all the time, he really keeps me grounded! My thoughts were confirmed when my husband was called to be our Ward's Mission Leader (10/9/07). The lord does have a sense of humor. Matt will be wonderful at this calling so I almost feel as though this is my test...to gain an eternal perspective of love and compassion. He is excited for his new calling but very nervous...he said "I really need to get organized!" :-) Don't we all!
Main point of this thought: Satan is real. He is attacking us- individually and as families everyday. It all starts in our thoughts! I've decided that if I Control my thoughts, I will be able to find eternal happiness. Get lost in service and find joy!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Naylor Family said...

That is so true! It is so hard to keep our thoughts "out of the gutter" I guess you could say, but so true. It's hard with having such demanding church callings that do take you or your husband away from the family more than they already are. Sorry we didn't get to meet up while I was in Boise. I was only there for about 2 full days-we went to Burley. We'll be back at Thanksgiving though, hopefully we'll get to meet up then! Take care!