Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crazy Life!

Well I am still new at this whole blog thing so don't judge. I will get the hang of it. Things are well with us. We have been in business for just over a year now and that is our life. Owning your own business has proven to be a lifestyle but we have been very blessed as we have continued to stay busy even with the slow down in the market. Matt works very hard 10-15hr days, with hopes that someday we will be able to take scheduled time off. We currently have 12 employees. I am still doing the books and invoicing for the business and am finally starting to get organized enough to handle it thanks to my mother in-law who is a very experienced working woman.
Gabe and Ahna although very busy and sometimes drive me batty are truly a joy to have in our home. Gabe is a busy boy who is very actively trying to love his sister too much, loves to play baseball, basketball, ride his 4 wheeler and every time we drive by a boat I have him trained to say, "Me Dad, I wanna boat!" Ahna had her first birthday in June and was walking at 11months. She is very much a girl...demanding, sweet, and a jabber box. When Dad is around you would be more than Lucky to get her attention. She loves her Daddy and boy does she ever have him wrapped around her finger.
We have lived in our home for just over a year and really like it where we are. We are in Caldwell/Nampa area and close to everything. We are preparing to build however on our property in Melba and welcome the Exciting Stress that will come with it. We are currently housing Josh Packard a long time friend of my brother Derik and although pleasant it is nice to have your own space...:-)
Derik is currently in Iraq and so far staying safe. We are lucky to be able to talk to him almost weekly thanks to the wonders of technology.
Matt and I enjoy teaching the Valiant 9 year old primary class on sundays. We usually take turns; one will teach while the other roams the halls with Ahna...Sacrament we wonder why we even come...other that to catch the opening and closing prayer. :-)
In our free time we enjoy activities such as 4 wheeling (we traded some work out for a 4 wheeler), Sporting Activities and boating. We are currently working on putting together our 72 hour kits for FHE's and it has been fun and exciting to learn all the techniques for food storage and efficient ways of living in a time of crisis. I have found some wonderful websites that list things to buy, by the week or the month. I will list the sites on this page as soon as I figure it out.
Well we look forward to keeping in touch with everyone and thought this a good way to do it.
Much Love,
The Shaffers

8 comments:

Kari said...

Hello Shaffers! We are so glad that you got a blogsite up and going. I love your cute pictures! It is so fun to see your little ones grow up as fast as ours. We just bought a house her in Pocatello and we close at the end of August. Adam is loving his job and we are looking forward to the many wonderful things ahead. We can't wait to see your little family again, hopefully soon. Much Love, The Elordi's

Davis Family said...

Brecca and Matt! We are so excited that you have a blog- thanks for sharing! I can't believe how big Ahna and Gabe are...they are soooooo cute!!! Glad to hear things are going well! miss ya!

Naylor Family said...

BRECCA!!!

Hooray! I just saw your link on Kelli's Blog! It's Shellee! How are you doing? Your family is so cute! You guys sounds like you're doing pretty well! Owning your own business is pretty scary, but good for you guys! That is so great! I can't believe how big your kids are! They're adorable! Keep in touch. www.jsnaylorfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Found your blog by accident... We are Shaffer's also and have a beautiful blond 21 yr. old daughter with the name Ahna also.
We also have a 4 yr old dog with
the name Dakota - what are the odds? You family is beautiful Best Wishes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brecca!
I was so excited to see your blog link on Shelly's page! How are you doing?! It's been forever since we talked. How's the business going? Your kids are adorable! Matt and I are still in Pocatello, I guess we got sucked in. :) We bought a house in Chubbuck last summer, and are planning to stay for another year. Then, our plan is to move back over toward Boise...that's been our plan for the last two summer's, so we'll see. I hope it happens though, I'd love to head back towards home. Matt is still working hard at his ACN business, and works 10-15 hour days as well, and I do the books. We'll have to chat about the joys and pains of owning a business, together sometime. I just finished graduate school, and also started working as a speech therapist, so that's been an exciting thing for me. You'll have to check out our blog at mattandserena.blogspot.com. I don't update all that often, but I'm trying to do better. Stay in touch! Serena :)

Kindall Klan said...

hey brecca! :)
Mistie here, got your blog from Steven and Sarah's :). Glad to read about your sweet little family! Keep keeping us updated :) Hugs!
Mistie

Fullmer said...

Brecca and Matt~
Brecca I'm so sorry I didn't call you back the other day after we talked. Ben ended up not finding a ride so I went home that next morning...I'm so sad I didn't get to see you guys. But we will be there for the holidays, so hopefully soon! Sounds like you guys are doing great, your kids are adorable! We love you guys!
Fullmers

Anonymous said...

I sure have a beautiful family. You guys are awesome! I am so blessed..... Love ya!