The other day I asked Gabe to help me by unloading the dish washer. I can't say I really expected much...I was more or less just trying to keep him busy.
He was so thrilled to do what I had asked and I think felt really important that I was letting him do it all on his own. About 15 min. later he came running into my room with the biggest smile on his face. "Mom come and see!" I know from experience if he actually wants me to come and look then he really did his best. Sure enough the dish washer was completely unloaded and all the dishes put in the right cupboards and are you ready for this...he even sorted the silverware!
I was so happy and in the midst of praising him when he stopped me. He looked at me with the most serious face and then with his hand motioning, said "Next time you need something, Mom, you just ask me!"
What would I do with out you Gabe!?!




5 comments:
Sounds like you are one heck of a good mom.
Just wanted to tell Matt hi. Found your blog via Tolman's blog. What a cute family you guys have! We missed seeing you at the class reunion this summer!
Krissi (Severson) Hansen
that is so cute! They are so cute when they want to help, and so innocent about it!
That is so great that he unloaded the dishwasher! I am teaching Lily how to put the little soap block in ours! What a beautiful blessing day!
Hey B, I just wanted to let you know I changed my blog address. It's now www.svenandtrin.blogspot.com
Post a Comment